Howdy. I'm Blake.
I am a Software Engineer working in Web Development creating engaging and reliable experiences.
I am Blake, a seasoned full-stack engineer with a primary focus on Web Development. I utilize my bacground in design create pixel perfect user interfaces and complex layouts.
My expertise in utilizing technologies such as React, React Native, TypeScript, NextJS, and Node to develop impactful real-world products. As a lead contributor, I have played a pivotal role in the entire product lifecycle, demonstrating strong decision-making skills and contributing to ideation, prototyping, and successful product launches. My leadership capabilities shine through in my track record of guiding teams to success, characterized by effective communication, meticulous planning, and a keen understanding of business needs.
Chief Technology Officer-
- Spearheaded the development of prototypes, designs, and initial builds of a cross-platform app using React Native Web, Next.js, and Expo.
- Led the agile product development process, directing the engineering team to meet project milestones.
- Facilitated sprint planning & efficiently managed iterations to ensure project success.
- Architected, designed, and developed web and mobile applications using a single codebase with React Native Web.
- Implemented systems and tools for creating and managing NFT collections, contributing to platform growth.
- Successfully integrated payment flow for purchasing web3 tokens with USD
- Made significant improvements to UI/UX that led to increased conversions and improved session length
- Improved performance of main video timeline by refactoring React Native components and utilizing virtualization
- Collaborated with the UI/UX team to enhance the design system and react component library for Driveway.com launch.
- Established coding standards and style guidelines with the in-house development team to ensure high code quality.
Lead Front End Developer-
- Rebuilt the legacy site in React focusing on SEO and performance.
- Implemented style guide and component system for consistent UI.
- Supported legacy Django while incrementally building new features in React.
Web Developer / Designer-
- Designed the UI for web & native clients in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator using Google’s Material Design Specification.
- Used Sass as a CSS preprocessor to build a responsive website & web app.
- Built the new version of the website and app using HTML5, CSS3, and AngularJS using Grunt & npm as build tools.